I have found over the years of arguing with liberals, they often use the same talking points to back their ridiculous claims. I have searched the internet and gathered site after site to post facts and prove them wrong. I thought to myself how convenient it would be if all of those sources were in one place. So this is it, your one stop shop to shutting liberals down. I’ll include quotes, sources and irrefutable facts to prove liberals wrong. In this article, I will start with 5 of the most common incorrect liberal claims and how to respond to them.
1. Republicans are racist- If you have ever argued with a liberal; you know that the first thing they say about conservatives and republicans is they are racist. They all complain that the GOP are nothing but rich, old, white men. No matter how many minorities the GOP puts forth, liberals will still play the race card whenever possible. I found a site that is great for shoving the truth in a liberal’s face regarding this matter. http://www.black-and-right.com/the-democrat-race-lie/ . Throughout this page, you will find EVERY example you need to show the historic steps republicans have taken, and they continue to take, to help minorities. Also, the examples are listed from 1858 until 1996. That crushes the regurgitated claim that the parties “switched sides”.
2. Blaming Bush- This one is the â€œgo toâ€ for any liberal being faced with the unbelievably poor job Obama is doing with our economy. When responding to the blaming Bush accusation, I come straight at them with the facts. There are several versions of these facts that you may find on other conservative sites, but I tried to sum them up and get to the point. Feel free to copy and paste these facts in your next debate. Democrats took over the House of Representatives and the Senate, at the very start of the 110th Congress on January 3rd 2007. At that time, the DOW Jones closed at 12,621.77, the GDP for the previous quarter was 3.5%, the unemployment rate was 4.6% and George Bush’s economic policies set a record of 52 straight months of job growth. January 3rd, 2007 was also the day that Barney Frank took over the House Financial Services Committee and Chris Dodd took over the Senate Banking Committee. By no coincidence, the economy crashed 15 months later in banking and financial service industries. The Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac fiascos dumped five to six TRILLION dollars of toxic loans on the economy. Bush knew that this was far too risky; he asked Congress 17 times to stop Fannie & Freddie. Anytime there was an attempt to reform Fannie and Freddie, Obama and the democrats fought against it. Budgets do not come from the White House, they come from Congress. The party that controlled Congress since January 2007 is the Democrat Party. Democrats also controlled the budget process for 2008 & 2009 as well as 2010 & 2011. If the Democrats inherited any deficit, it was a 2007 deficit, which was the last of the Republican budgets. That deficit was the lowest in five years and the fourth straight decline in deficit spending. After that, democrats in Congress took control of spending, and that includes Barack Obama, who voted for the budgets.
3. Benghazi- With Hillary no doubt running for president in 2016, this will be an issue that will be used against her whenever republicans have a chance. The most common question liberals ask anytime Benghazi is brought up is, “what about the 13 embassies attacked under Bush?” An excellent site to use for this rebuttal, http://www.ijreview.com/2014/05/138727-viral-meme-13-benghazis-happened-bush-taken-apart-destroyed-eyes/#!. This site disproves a popular meme (shown on the site) liberals have been circulating to shift the focus to the attacks that happened under Bush’s watch. A second declaration liberals will come at you with next is, â€œrepublicans cut the funding for security in Benghaziâ€. If a liberal ever insists that security lacked in Benghazi because of budget cuts, simply play this 30 second YouTube clip. This video shows the head of the State Department, Charlene Lamb, testifying UNDER OATH that budget cuts had NOTHING to do with the lack of security in Benghazi. They had MORE than enough money to protect our men; they just did not do it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meIL1QaOt1s
4. The Iraq war- Our National debt will undoubtedly be an issue in 2016. America’s debt was around ten trillion when Obama came into office; it is set to be close to twenty trillion when he leaves. Liberals will fall back into their resting “blaming Bush” mode, and say that the debt is Bush’s fault for getting us into the war in Iraq. A little fact liberals “forget” to mention is, DEMOCRATS voted to invade Iraq along with president Bush. Bush had the support of his Congress. Democrats like Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden and Harry Reid ALL voted to invade Iraq. They were pushing the WMD story, no matter how much they claim they were lied to. If liberals hit you with the “Bush started the war” line, post this video so liberals can hear the truth straight from the mouths of Democrats. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne9T0ADfk-U
5. The EVIL Koch brothers- If you haven’t experienced this already, you will notice that liberals have a fascinating sense of denial when it comes to money in politics. They seem convinced that the Koch brothers rule the world. Any time a republican wins an election, it was because the Koch brothers bought the win. If most liberals were not intellectually lazy, and did some research, they would know that UNIONS, which hold a 99 percentage rate of donating to Democrats, dominate the list of political donors. The top spot belongs to ActBlue, which contributed nearly $100 million to Democratic candidates and committees since 2004. http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/372630/fourteen-americas-25-biggest-campaign-donors-are-unions-veronique-de-rugy . I am also posting a second link, just to put some “in your face” icing on top of the “you are wrong again” cake. http://www.ijreview.com/2014/10/183154-11-things-one-ever-takes-time-point-koch-brothers/ . This site lists the some of the selfless acts the Koch brothers have done for charity.You may not change anyone’s mind with these facts. You will, however, be doing your part by properly informing those who are ignorant. Sometimes, that is all we can hope to do.